Paul Bloom joins us to talk about why we want to suffer. Sometimes it's a means to an end, but sometimes we desire it for its own sake.
Among other things, we talk about mountain-climbing, whether you'd want to run just the end of the marathon, experience machines, BDSM, and parenting.
Plus, a very special extra guest host, kidney donation, pronouns, and trigger warnings.
- Who Is the Bad Art Friend? - The New York Times
- The Sweet Spot: The Pleasures of Suffering and the Search for Meaning - Kindle edition by Bloom, Paul. Health, Fitness & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
- Tainted altruism: when doing some good is evaluated as worse than doing no good at all - PubMed
- The Martyrdom Effect: When Pain and Effort Increase Prosocial Contributions
- Jameson, Caskmates Édition Stout | Product page | SAQ.COM
- Introducing High Tide NEIPA – Whitewater Brewing Co.
- Coffee Oatmeal Stout | Good People Brewing Company
- L'Espace Public – Brasseurs de quartier » Nos bières pas sures
- HOP VALLEY BUBBLE STASH - The Beer Store
- Gallo Family Vineyards Pink Moscato Price & Reviews | Drizly
- Johnny Cash - Hurt (Official Music Video) - YouTube