Yoel and Mickey welcome evolutionary psychologist Joshua Tybur to the podcast to discuss COVID-19 and the function of disgust as part of the behavioral immune system. What is the relationship between disgust sensitivity and political orientation? Can the theory of evolutionary act as a meta-theory for the study of human psychology? Why is evolutionary psychology so controversial and polarizing?
Bonus: Would Mickey inflate a new unlubricated condom with his mouth?
- Moosehead Radler | Blog | Moosehead Breweries
- Home - Jopenkerk Haarlem
- How Coronavirus Bypasses Our Behavioral Immune System (And What We Can Do About It) – The Evolution Institute
- Is the relationship between pathogen avoidance and ideological conservatism explained by sexual strategies? - ScienceDirect
- Parasite stress and pathogen avoidance relate to distinct dimensions of political ideology across 30 nations | PNAS
- Why do people vary in disgust? | Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences
- Testing the Controversy | SpringerLink
- When theory trumps ideology: Lessons from evolutionary psychology | Behavioral and Brain Sciences | Cambridge Core
- Frontiers | Why isn't everyone an evolutionary psychologist? | Psychology
- Do social psychologists have an ideological aversion to evolutionary psychology? – Research Digest
- Cue masking and cultural signals: Testing context-specific preferences for bald(ing) leaders - ScienceDirect