Yoel and Mickey welcome Associate Professor of Psychology, Alexa Tullett from the University of Alabama to the podcast. Co-host of The Black Goat podcast and board member of the Society for the Improvement of Psychological Science (SIPS), Alexa talks about being a Canadian early career researcher working in the US. What research is Alexa most excited about these days? How did she become interested in meta science? What advice would she give to non-Americans thinking of working in academia in the US? How did the Black Goat podcast come about?
Bonus: Follow-up on the effect of parenting on happiness.
- Boaty McBoatface wins poll to name polar research vessel | Environment | The Guardian
- Break Music: Psapp - Marshrat
- The Black Goat podcast
- The Compleat Academic: A career Guide
- The Pains and Pleasures of Parenting: When, Why, and How Is Parenthood Associated With More or Less Well-Being?
- A Reassessment of the Defense of Parenthood - Saurabh Bhargava, Karim S. Kassam, George Loewenstein, 2014
- Parents Are Slightly Happier Than Nonparents, but Causality Still Cannot Be Inferred: A Reply to Bhargava, Kassam, and Loewenstein (2014) - S. Katherine Nelson, Kostadin Kushlev, Elizabeth W. Dunn, Sonja Lyubomirsky, 2014