What Happened at Perspectives on Psychological Science?
December 23rd, 2022
1 hr 24 mins 28 secs
About this Episode
Yoel and special guest Rachel Hartman discuss the recent ouster of Klaus Fiedler, the former Editor in Chief of the journal Perspectives on Psychological Science, over allegations of racism and abuse of power. They try to untangle a complicated story of peer review gone awry, explain the dueling open letters condemning and supporting Fiedler, and critically evaluate the allegations against him as well as the process that led to his dismissal as EIC. Along the way, they also talk about wine spritzers and journal prestige.
- Two Psychologists Four Beers on Untappd
- More of a Comment Than a Question
- Dealing with Diversity in Psychology: Science and Ideology (Roberts, 2022)
- Dealing with diversity in psychology: Science or ideology? (Hommel, 2022)
- Diversity is Diverse: Social Justice Reparations and Science (Jussim, 2022)
- Letter to APS calling for Fiedler to be fired
- Letter to APS calling for due process
- APS Statements in Response to Concerns About Editorial Practices at Perspectives on Psychological Science
- Joachim Krueger's Resignation Letters
- Interventions to reduce partisan animosity | Nature Human Behaviour
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Burning (Official Video) - YouTube