Alexa and Yoel talk authenticity. What is it? Is it good to have it? And why does Alexa score higher on it than Yoel? We talk about a draft paper examining how people infer authenticity in themselves and others, and a recently-published paper suggesting that supposedly highly authentic people might just be motivated to present themselves that way.
Plus, Alexa drinks some listener-supplied beer, with favorable results, and we discuss who the most famous academic is.
- Two Psychologists Four Beers on Untappd
- Jordan Peterson: Why I am no longer a tenured professor at the University of Toronto | National Post
- How the Self Became a Problem - Roy Baumeister
- The authentic personality: A theoretical and empirical conceptualization and the development of the Authenticity Scale. - PsycNET
- To be or to appear to be: Evidence that authentic people seek to appear authentic rather than be authentic | Request PDF
- The New York Dolls - Personality Crisis (YouTube)