All About Authenticity
January 26th, 2022
1 hr 21 mins 18 secs
About this Episode
Alexa and Yoel talk authenticity. What is it? Is it good to have it? And why does Alexa score higher on it than Yoel? We talk about a draft paper examining how people infer authenticity in themselves and others, and a recently-published paper suggesting that supposedly highly authentic people might just be motivated to present themselves that way.
Plus, Alexa drinks some listener-supplied beer, with favorable results, and we discuss who the most famous academic is.
- Two Psychologists Four Beers on Untappd
- Jordan Peterson: Why I am no longer a tenured professor at the University of Toronto | National Post
- How the Self Became a Problem - Roy Baumeister
- The authentic personality: A theoretical and empirical conceptualization and the development of the Authenticity Scale. - PsycNET
- To be or to appear to be: Evidence that authentic people seek to appear authentic rather than be authentic | Request PDF
- The New York Dolls - Personality Crisis (YouTube)