November 11th, 2020
1 hr 19 mins 9 secs
About this Episode
Mickey and Yoel tackle the pros and cons of academia. As an academic, is it taboo to say you love your job? How hard do we work anyway? If we ran the world, how would we change academic hiring?
Also: why do reporters call us and ask us for our opinion?
- Grapefruit and Elderflower - Collective Arts Brewing
- Changing demographics of scientific careers: The rise of the temporary workforce | PNAS
- The path to professorship by the numbers and why mentorship matters | Behavioural and Social Sciences at Nature Research
- Systematic inequality and hierarchy in faculty hiring networks | Science Advances
- Want to Be a ‘Volunteer Adjunct’? Southern Illinois U. Is Hiring
- College faculty still far less diverse than students in race, ethnicity | Pew Research Center
- Five Years of Tech Diversity Reports—and Little Progress | WIRED
- Though more women are on college campuses, climbing the professor ladder remains a challenge
- New study analyzes how faculty pay compares worldwide
- Sylvan Esso - Ferris Wheel