Yoel and Mickey take a deep dive into the so-called Intellectual Dark Web (IDW). What is the IDW and who are the prominent members of this group? Why do members of the IDW seem so cranky? Are members of the IDW actually being silenced, and given their massive popularity, who is silencing them? Is the IDW a positive and new development in our culture? Should the members of the IDW be concerned about some of their fans and followers?
Bonus: Why did Yoel decide to have us drink the champagne of beers?
- Meet the Renegades of the Intellectual Dark Web — An alliance of heretics is making an end run around the mainstream conversation. Should we be listening?
- After Evergreen - The Stranger — One Year Later, Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying Look Back
- The Sam Harris-Ezra Klein debate - Vox — Ezra and Sam Harris debate race, IQ, identity politics, and much more.
- Sam Harris and the Myth of Perfectly Rational Thought | WIRED — The famous proponent of New Atheism is on a crusade against tribalism but seems oblivious to his own version of it.
- Can Things Be Both Popular And Silenced? | Slate Star Codex — CAN THINGS BE BOTH POPULAR AND SILENCED?
- Pretty Loud For Being So Silenced | Current Affairs — Critics of the left aren’t oppressed and they don’t believe in “rational debate.”
- Intellectual Dark Web: Bari Weiss’s Analysis Is a Little Off | National Review — First, let me say that the phrase “Intellectual Dark Web” strikes me as a marketing label — and not necessarily a good one.
- Quillette Magazine
- Most in U.S. Oppose Colleges Considering Race in Admissions — - Seven in 10 Americans say merit should be only basis for college admissions - 65% disagree with Supreme Court decision allowing race to be a factor - By 50% to 44%, blacks favor merit, not race
- Miller High Life | The Champagne of Beers
- Fireball Cinnamon Whisky