Yoel and Mickey talk with Sarah Haider, the co-founder and Executive Director of Ex-Muslims of North America, an organization that advocates for the acceptance of religious dissent and supports those who leave Islam. Sarah talks about her own experience of growing up Muslim and leaving her faith; the unique predicament of and risks for Muslim dissenters; and how US partisan politics make her work more difficult.
Bonus: Sarah gives Mickey pointers on how to avoid using Twitter as an outrage machine, a lesson he sorely needs.
- Ex-Muslims of North America — We Envision A World Where Every Person Is Free To Follow Their Conscience
- Sarah Haider: Islam and the Necessity of Liberal Critique (AHA Conference 2015) - YouTube — Presented at the American Humanist Association 74th Annual Conference, May 7-10, 2015, in Denver, Colorado.
- Ex-Muslims: They left Islam and now tour the US to talk about it - BBC News
- Islam’s Ex Factor: An Interview with Sarah Haider and Muhammad Syed - TheHumanist.com
- Should Muslims Like Me Be So Critical of Ex-Muslims? - YouTube
- List of ex-Muslim organisations - Wikipedia