Yoel and Alexa are joined by Joe Simmons to talk about fraud. We go in-depth on a recent high-profile fraud case, but we also talk about scientific fraud more generally: how common is it, how do you detect it, and what can we do to prevent it?
This is a re-release of Episode 73, originally released on September 29, 2021.
- Beers - Drav
- Milkshake IPA - Microbrasserie Vox Populi - Untappd
- A-OK IPA - Avondale Brewing Co. - Untappd
- L'Espace Public – Brasseurs de quartier » L’attaque galactique
- False-Positive Psychology: Undisclosed Flexibility in Data Collection and Analysis Allows Presenting Anything as Significant - Joseph P. Simmons, Leif D. Nelson, Uri Simonsohn, 2011
-  Evidence of Fraud in an Influential Field Experiment About Dishonesty - Data Colada
- Dan Ariely Retracts Honesty Study Based On Fake Data
-  Data Replicada #4: The Problem of Hidden Confounds - Data Colada
-  Reducing Fraud in Science - Data Colada
- The Clash - Police & Thieves (Official Audio) - YouTube