Conservative Social Psychologist Wanted (with Clay Routledge)
September 26th, 2018
1 hr 13 mins 43 secs
About this Episode
Yoel and Mickey welcome Clay Routledge to the show. Clay is a professor of psychology at North Dakota State University who studies the cognitive and motivational consequences of the search for meaning, including religion and other supernatural beliefs. Clay talks about his childhood growing up as the child of missionaries in Africa and the U.S., what it's like to be outside the liberal mainstream in psychology, and how religion and belief in alien visitors may be connected.
- Junkyard Brewing Company | Small craft brewery in Moorhead, MN
- Flensburger Brauerei — FLENSBURGER BREWERY Premium-quality beers from Northern Germany
- Clay Routledge — Behavioral Scientist, Author, Consultant, Professor
- Clay Routledge (@clayroutledge) | Twitter
- The Campus Left vs. the Mentally Ill - WSJ — Berkeley offers counseling to those upset by a guest speaker. Other students have genuine problems
- Social Justice in the Shadows - Quillette
- Supernatural: Death, Meaning, and the Power of the Invisible World
- Don't Believe in God? Maybe You'll Try UFOs - The New York Times
- Suicides Have Increased. Is This an Existential Crisis?